Sunday, July 17, 2011

666 Posts Later

It feels a bit weird not having to take that drive, to put on that mantle to the 21st floor anymore. But as cliched as it may be, it is not the prestige, influence or importance that I miss most. It is the people.

I miss my bright, witty, determined juniors - I miss sharing with them all I know and ought to know. It has been a joy seeing them grow, and discover their strengths, and whether this is for them.

I miss my teammates. The ups and downs we have been through. The honesty and candour. The friendship. And jumping monkeys. I miss my friends.

This ought to be exciting - new challenge, new place. But I am not stoked yet. It hasn't really quite hit home.

It is for the best I hope. In the mean time, 2 weeks of downtime to regroup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home