Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Repressed Personality

It is quite amusing when someone who speaks fluent English and usually writes correctly suddenly sends out a string of emails with atrocious
grammatical errors. One particularly email stood out as perfectly 'not
understandable'.

I was reprimanded though, for having a good laugh at her expense. But I'm sure she doesn't mind ;)

And then the perfect English started coming back. Ah it was temporary. She was probably under stress and typed her emails too fast.

But then, it happened again. And again.

I have a theory for this. The Ah Lian in her is trying to get out. Or she has some repressed memories, and it manifested into bad English.

2 Comments:

At March 16, 2005 11:31 am, Blogger Solbi-wan Kenobi said...

Not as strange as it sounds!

I speak with an odd Eastender-Australian-mix accent. But I write (or type) with an American one!

Just noticed that.

 
At March 16, 2005 3:11 pm, Blogger Saffron said...

I change my style according to who I'm talking to. Because most of the people on AIM are Americans/Canadians/Europeans, I have to speak proper English with them or they won't understand me.

With locals I tend to be more relaxed with the whole grammar spelling thing and switch between normal English and local English, but I like to use wrong grammar purposely to piss off the really anal ones. (like a certain someone who likes to nitpick in my blog)

It's fun. *grins*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home