Monday, November 14, 2005

He Says (1)

I woke up. The dream was vivid. I had held her hand. And we were walking. She was wearing the pink jacket that I made fun of. That's my heart wanting.

It wasn't a dream when it ended. It had been real. "You are hurting me" she said. Yes I know. But it's much better if I am hurting you now rather then when we are knee deep into a whirlwind. I didn't tell you all that. I didn't know how to. I can't stand to see you hurting.

I miss her. It mattered to me. She mattered to me. Which is why I had to end it. For there is no guarantee that I won't hurt her in the future. In fact, there is always that possibility. I just know it. I loved her. I still do.

An autumn colder than usual. Walk on, I say. You and I. Really. I fell. I had to run.

3 Comments:

At November 15, 2005 11:35 pm, Blogger JoMel said...

I wish that we won't be so realistic when it comes to love. Can we throw caution to the wind, and just the fire burn endlessly?

Can we just follow our heart and let it lead us? Step by step? Look at the result of being too rational? You hurt, she's hurt.

Sigh!

 
At November 16, 2005 5:08 am, Blogger Resurrected said...

Jo, sometimes the fire burns out. In fact most of the time.....

 
At November 16, 2005 10:27 am, Blogger JoMel said...

I challenge you to keep the fire alive. Its possible!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home