Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Living with Mistakes

The last 12 months have been plagued by mistakes after mistakes. If there's any period in my life which seems irrationally rash and uncertain, it is the last 12 months.

I regret holding back and then acting too late.

I regret telling when it was just rash.

I regret the move.

And like a whirlwind, these mistakes continue. These mistakes are being made daily because of the way I've constructed this life.

I stare at my mistakes daily.

And it's not helping my poor tired heart.

Now what? Tell me. Please.

3 Comments:

At August 10, 2010 9:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It'll be "mistakes" as long as you see it as a glass half-empty. But if you see it as a glass half-full, it would be "learning curves"

Cheer up, babe!

 
At August 12, 2010 1:33 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't mean to sound cliched, but life is what you make out of it; life is you - your steps taken, your decisions, your gos or no-gos. and whatever that came out of those, i am pretty sure that there were experiences and learnings that were just, life. if every move or inertia bring desired results or happiness, life's point would be half lost.

i know this is just a phase; there'll be other reasons to cheer up - you just need to look harder (e.g. people who care about you). :)

-iblogme

 
At October 11, 2010 12:10 pm, Blogger Dottie With Dots said...

to quote myself:
"it is impossible to live without failing (in your case 'mistake') at something, unless you lived so guardedly that you might as well not have lived at all. In which case, you have failed by default."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home