Friday, July 30, 2004

A Promise

Sometimes when I see a Chinese couple walking together, I wonder if it is him. The man that you loved so much, that you didn't see that you've been cheated of what could be the best years of your life. The man who broke your heart, again and again. The man that made you cry through many sleepless nights, and days. The man who promised to show up but didn't. The man that left you all alone in your room when you needed him. The man that betrayed your trust. The man that married someone else but still professes his love for you and, God, you believed him. The greedy man that doesn't deserve such loyalty, devotion and love from you.

You must know you deserve the best. And you deserve the love and care. There is another man I know of , who isn't perfect but is a decent human being and a very caring and passionate one too. A man with all his flaws, will stand by you through thick and thin. The strange thing is, you told me, he is so much better than anyone you know, yet you can't accept him that way. I guess you aren't ready for him and I think it is right to want to be alone for a while after such turmoil. But don't let the reason be because you think he is too good to be true, because as your friend, I think there is no such thing as too good for you. Perhaps you should give him a chance when you are ready. Hopefully he doesn't change his mind then. Even if he does, I'm sure a wonderful woman like you can have someone to call, in your words, "the love of my life".

It pains me to know the hurt and misery you have gone through. I may not fully comprehend it. But I see it in your eyes and hear it in your words and sense it when I meet you. I wish I can ease your pain and provide you comfort, but I can't. Not without complicating things further. I know you wouldn't want that either.

I'm glad you are back on your feet, rebuilding your life. I'm happy to see you so determined to move on and live life to the fullest. There's one thing though I think you shouldn't do, is to run away from this big ugly city. It is not really smart in the long run, career-wise. But even then, I'll support your move, if it makes you happy. I would wish you all the best. And I hope our paths cross again in the near future. I hope you find happiness. Either way, do know that you'll always have my firm friendship. That's a promise.

2 Comments:

At July 31, 2004 1:39 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think i can relate to what she is going through. sometimes all that one needs is to have a new start somewhere else. Hopefully the new environment and new friends will wash away the old wounds and give her a new set of perspectives in life....thai boxing girl

 
At August 08, 2004 10:26 pm, Blogger Resurrected said...

tbg : i hope so. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home