Friday, August 13, 2004

Friday!

It's Friday :)! God, I made it. Just another 9 hours to go, and I'll be home free. Probably try to watch I,Robot or do some shopping in
bookstores. There's this second hand bookstore near here which I go to every fortnight or so. It's not big, but I did find some gems. That reminds me, I need cash, gotta run to the ATM after work :P

A friend said there is something wrong with me because I don't really like babies. Well, I can't stand the idea of me holding something so fragile. And I certainly can't stand the crying, drooling and uncontrolled bowel movement. Yeah, yeah, you are gonna say I was like that too. But that's besides the point. My parents (and many other parents) chose to live with it, they know full well what they were getting into. I for now, choose not consider it.

There's of more to this. I find this world and age we live in absolutely depressing. High crime rates, poverty, pollution, war, shrub-like politicians, racism, et cetera. I do not want to bring to this world a precious life that will have to face all that in his/her life. I do not want to have to worry and be stressed out about him/her, when I can barely find direction of my own. I feel it would be unfair to him/her to bring him/her into this God-forsaken world (I think this sentence will create uneasiness. I mean no malice to any religion).

Older and wiser people tell me that I would be lonely without children and a marriage may grow stale without children to provide synergy. Well, I'm quite sure my future partner and I would have to discuss this at length. But heh, that's a long, long way from now. So no need to worry about it, yet. :P I'm also cynical about marriage, but I shall leave that to another day.

1 Comments:

At August 19, 2004 6:46 pm, Blogger Resurrected said...

Yay! Someone that sees my reasoning at last :)

But its perplexing though, because I do want to believe in the "happy ever after" (with or without the kids) thing even with all my cynicism.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home