Sunday, January 27, 2008

Thinking Aloud

I wonder what I would be like at 40. I hope by then I would be very comfortable in my skin, and that I have vanquished most if not all of my demons. I hope I am happy by then. Of course it wouldn't hurt if I get my dirty paws on a nice roadster by then.

Now, the path has cleared temporarily. Do I dance to the tune and show them the finger at the end of it? The competitive side of me wants to prove it. But what if it's all futile? And what if I stumble? Can I sacrifice 3-4 months, and convince myself that there is such a thing as delayed gratification? I know they are looking to fill the gap from outside. So it could all be in vain. Do I suspend my personal goals this time and use the same sacrificial lamb I used 2.5 years ago?

Am not quite ready. Like to do things right the first time.

2 Comments:

At January 27, 2008 8:35 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

40? like a good wine that aged well.

the challenge would be interesting. three, four months sound relatively short. it'd be over before you know it.

if you stumble, there is always that patch of ready hay to fall onto.

 
At February 02, 2008 7:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

stay hungry. stay foolish. remember?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home