Monday, December 31, 2007

Welcome 2008

I became a year older. And now 2007 is at its dying moments. I have grown. I have learned. I can, as usual, do better. But then again, that's just me with my own set of measurements. 2007 was supposed to be uneventful. Another auto-pilot year but things took a drastic turn in Q4, in all aspects. Well, drastic may be too strong a description. Unexpected turn of events and/or new perspectives unmasking what I had wanted to believe. And my searching routine came back in a big way. The indecisiveness crept in. And the desire for the big wide unknown jumped up at a contented me.

Crossroads, again. Work. People. Decisions. Have been reluctant to face up to 2008, knowing full well what a daunting road it is ahead. Deflated. Was not looking forward to the end of 2007.

Do I give it all I have or do I hold back and leave something on the table for myself? I don't know. It is like choosing between working >70 hours a week because I like it and capping it at 60 hours a week for my health and me-time. Do I follow my heart and leave a string of unresolved issues behind? Do I go with the flow or do the right things?

I don't know what 2008 will bring. But bring it on.

PS: 2007 was not bad at all. I did very well indeed. Acknowledged at work. Accomplished a few things professionally and academically. Started the year exploring New York for a few days which is something I had always wanted to do. Bought a comfy little car. It's just that it has ended not quite the way I had expected it to. Count your blessings, Resurrected! Count your blessings!

1 Comments:

At January 01, 2008 7:59 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy new year, my friend. here's wishing that you will find success in whatever you set out to accomplish in the year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home