Saturday, March 01, 2008

Public Service Broadcast

I wish people would stop talking and thinking in the context of race. I hate it when politicians make speeches that says "Kita semua Melayu, Cina dan India....yadda yadda yadda". It never fails to make me cringe. Yes, I sound idealistic but I am not unaware of the divisive nature of current politics, governance and mindset, which are all very difficult to dismantle. I am sure there's a racist in us, big or small, dormant or active. But really, it takes just a bit of maturity and rational thinking to get over it and focus on things that matter: how well will the elected government serve all of us and the country?

So, don't forget to vote.

PS: Don't we have more articulate and intelligent people standing for elections? The pickings are really quite poor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home