Saturday, October 02, 2004

Presidents and Iran

Hmm, the US Presidential debate seemed like an outright win for Senator John Kerry. It was on foreign policy and homeland security. George W.Bush was cornered many times and was repeating the same statements over and over again. He tried to look smart by cracking jokes and making remarks as Kerry spoke. But what's disappointing is how there wasn't any killer blows by either side in the debate. It however made Kerry's stand clearer on certain issues like Iraq, nuclear proliferation, North Korea and homeland security.

What is certain though, is I really worry for Iran. Regardless of who becomes President of the USA, it seems obvious that Iran is bogeyman to the US. I hope nothing happens to Iran. The last thing we need is an outright war between the Shiites regime in Iran and the US. And the last thing we need is to give credence to the hardliners in Iran on how the world is turning against them. We need to safeguard the progress of the moderates and engage Iran on a constructive basis. And added to this is my personal reason of having 2 friends in Iran, and I really don't want war to befall them. Added to the fact that Persia is a wonderful place of ancient human civilizations. I wanna visit and photograph the places there, see for myself the culture and people. So, hands off please warmongers!

Anyway, countries that I wanna visit (in the next 10 years perhaps?):
1. Thailand, just to visit someone ;). Will probably happen in June 2005 or December 2005. Anyone wants to come along?

2. Spain
3. Iran
4. Italy
5. Japan
6. Shanghai & Beijing only
7. Cambodia
8. Vietnam
9. France
10. Ireland

2 Comments:

At October 07, 2004 10:37 am, Blogger mediha_m said...

I would SO love to visit Iran too! Let's hope that it doesn't end up as another "justifiable war" zone...

 
At October 10, 2004 3:43 pm, Blogger Resurrected said...

Mediha, to be honest, I think something bad is gonna happen there soon. I see signs of 'panic' even in Kerry when it comes to Iran, what more Bush. Oil, oil galore. Will talk abt it more in later posts. In the mean time, I'll go re-read my Persian history stuff

 

Post a Comment

<< Home