Thursday, April 28, 2005

Mega Crushes

I was an early starter I think. :) But one of my early crushes is now one of my closest friend. Yes, she dares to tell me off *grins* when I need to be told off. We go a long way back, and we got to know each other through this network of friends. The thing is we don't know where our link-person is now.

I don't do much about my crushes. But maybe it is because it happened too often when I was young :P. Yeah, sure it would be nice to know them. Some actually don't bite, some are indeed interesting. But more often than not, it would be sorely disappointing when I actually get to know the person.

Those that pass the litmus test and the initial awkwardness, well, the attraction wears off after a while. Crushes fizzle out when the excitement of not knowing is no longer in existence. Some become your friends, some forgotten, some hated.

The risk of being discovered when you don't want it to be known can be dangerous. You think you can't bear the consequences. Irrational really, but I guess no one wants to stomach a major embarrassment. Ah yes, the joy of silly human emotions. Such fascinating creatures, aren't we? The heady rush when he/she looks your way (lol). The excitement when his/her name flashes on the caller ID. The daydreaming of a non-existent future. Oh joyful.

When is a crush a crush? When does it cross the line into friendship, or *gasp* romance and love? When was your last mega-crush and how did you deal with it? Tubs of ice-cream? :P

More importantly, what would you do if someone confesses that he/she has a crush on you?

4 Comments:

At April 28, 2005 3:03 pm, Blogger eyeris said...

I have a crush on Miranda Otto, Angelina Jolie and Natalie Portman. Do those count? :)

 
At April 28, 2005 3:47 pm, Blogger Resurrected said...

eyeris : Yes, those count too! :)
I like Miranda Otto, Natalie Portman, Claire Danes :P Not Angelina Jolie

 
At April 28, 2005 7:16 pm, Blogger iblogme said...

I wrote him a letter, and gasp (!), passed it to him. It happened when I was still in light blue pinafore. :P

 
At April 28, 2005 8:59 pm, Blogger Resurrected said...

iblogme : omg. you are that brave huh? :P and what happened? what happened? tell!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home