Tuesday, March 27, 2007

On Pressure

The calls kept coming, keeping me on my toes. As I rummaged through a file which I am glad I’ve nicely organized, and which I am almost ‘one’ with as I immersed myself in the facts, ensuing analysis and thoughts, I was being tested again and again. Telephones are always difficult when trying to work through spreadsheets and a lot of information. Especially when the people involved have lightning fast thoughts. By the third conversation with a supposedly intimidating figure, I was smiling at myself, and a chuckle escaped from my mouth. I am glad I can still smile even under pressure and the growing expectations on the supposed expert.

A drive through the city, not knowing where the location was, went smoothly. Just an out of scale rudimentary map as a guide, which I only glanced at. I guess my sense of direction in my home city isn’t too bad. But I do miss Google Map/Yahoo Maps which provides direction from address to address. I hope they map out this area soon.

A new place, new environment for the afternoon. Intense meetings with intense people. The pressure and politics are mounting. I am but only a small supporting corporate soldier, not a warrior yet. But it is all fun and challenging.

Way past dinner time, closer to the end of the day, I made my way home. Easy, breezy drive. Another day. Can’t wait for the next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home