Thursday, July 31, 2008

Conditioning and Destiny

Conditioning. I was told I might have conditioned from a very young age or even not-so-young-age to not feel excited, not too display a lot of joy when I achieve, to behave as if it’s nothing to be proud of. Excited about things, good things = happiness.

That’s the problem I guess. I get a good number, sure, it was great but it really didn’t show on this face of mine. I stand on Eiffel Tower and I was not amazed, having come a long way from humble beginning. I have done many many things I should be proud of, yet I focus on the things I did not achieve or have not achieved. Hunger? Or hunger misplaced?

I am in my prime, yet I feel like I am still so raw and young. Perhaps I set the bar too high for myself because people don’t see me as raw and young.

But this is also a strength. It makes me work harder, and I know how much I need this push as I lack motivation on many things (again, perhaps it’s only my perception. I am apparently very driven). And I stay calm in situations. Unfazed. So how does one reconcile the need to feel excited and yet staying calm?

I feel I have a tendency not to grab destiny and hold it and bend it and make it mine.

2 Comments:

At August 02, 2008 4:38 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my dear, you are not alone in feeling like that. i think it's an asian thing. this reluctance to be a tall poppy. this fear of testing the barriers of one's comfort zone.

 
At August 03, 2008 6:05 pm, Blogger Resurrected said...

Erm, no. I am not reluctant to achieve =) I thrive for it. But the issue here is, why am I unexcited when I achieve? Always looking for the next high.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home