Saturday, August 14, 2004

Happiness?

Went to a place that brought back plenty of memories. Went there twice before this. Today I was doing exactly the same thing (almost) as the 2nd trip before this. This time, I didn't wait as I did before. I left, I walked away. And it felt strange.

I profess I don't really know what happiness is. But I think there was a time I was close to happiness. The time has passed though. And somehow, I miss it.

As I drive home along that long route, I recollected what it was like. I think I'm such a sentimental fool. Many other thoughts passed through as well....toll booth collectors, bad roads, the future, some fears, desires.

I finished a book too. Eleven Minutes by Paulo Coelho. I haven't finished a book proper in years. I have a bad habit of reading things halfway. I'm happy about putting an end to that streak. Better days ahead? I don't know.

"Considering the way the world is, one happy day is almost a miracle" Maria, protagonist in Eleven Minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home