Friday, October 15, 2004

Decisions To Be Made Soon

I have 2 things that's happening to me that will probably alter the course I'm on a bit (or maybe a lot more).

I have a job interview in the corporate finance field next Wednesday morning. Well, it is something I wanted a couple of months ago. So now I'm getting a shot at it. There's no guarantee of course that this will end on a fruitful note, but it is an opportunity nevertheless.

I am on the Fulbright 2nd alternate list. Meaning, I didn't get the
scholarship but if someone pulls out, I'll be in (who on earth will decline it after trying so hard to apply for it?). However, the Malaysian office is going to appeal on my behalf for me to be bumped up to the main list of recipients. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Pray for me yeah?

It is happening. Things are happening that's setting the course away from my current sphere of existence. I'm a bit apprehensive. But excited nevertheless.

By the way, I got my GMAT score. It is not too bad. It shows I can reason well but can't count for nuts, the result I mean. Which is very misleading because my strength actually lies in the quantitative section. It was just because I screwed up my time management. I'm happy with my Analytical Writing score of 5.5, years of arguing (constructively most of the time :P) certainly helped in taking a stand in one essay and analysing an argument for weaknesses/merits in another essay. To readers who are/were
debaters or who are very analytical, this part of GMAT is made for you :P. Anyway, the Fulbright people say the score is good and I have pretty ok chances of being accepted into a good graduate school. And no, I don't want to go to Arizona on a partial scholarship even if you think I'm a fool.

So there, I'm hoping for the best. And I'm hoping my mind will be clear when the time comes to make hard decisive choices. And I'm hoping this particular person will come around and see things the way I see it, before it is too late.

2 Comments:

At October 15, 2004 12:13 pm, Blogger mediha_m said...

Waahhhh... I see that you're well on your way to the life you deserve (and worked hard for!)

Congratulations, buddy!

 
At October 15, 2004 11:09 pm, Blogger Resurrected said...

Maverix : I'm not so sure...a bit confused at the moment. I need, I don't know, counsel?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home