Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Flu Bug

Last year at this time of the year, I had a bad time. I had possibly the worst flu in ages. It started a few days before Christmas and I took very long to recover. I was tired and lethargic. I guess I was being a lousy partner then, because we skipped all sorts of celebration that year. I went home after dinner on New Year's Eve. Even though I usually work on the 1st of January, I do usually wait for the arrival of the new year. Last year, I was the biggest spoilsport.

I was so sick, I couldn't think straight. Which was a good thing really. Because as I wasn't doing much and spent a lot of time with only my thoughts. My imagination went wild. I started dveloping all sorts of scenario in my head. And I dawned upon me that I was in a rut. I did a lot of questioning and searching then. All this while nursing a flu and battling the year end accounts. I think it was a catalyst for the many changes this year. I started examining the direction I was heading, and the risks involved in changing it. I'm happy to say now I'm a lot more receptive to change and I'm taking small steps towards the future.

So a flu bug isn't so bad after all? :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home