Saturday, December 11, 2004

Awake on the Weekend

It's a beautiful Saturday morning. Here I am in the library waiting for the bank to open. I need to open an account in Maybank, as much as I dislike it. Else I won't get my salary in my account. The company is only going to remit salary via Maybank, BSN and Stanchart. This is apparently due to the increased cost of direct remittance imposed by some banks, which is borne by the company.

I better get my GMAT prep in full-swing this weekend after a whole week of working late into the night. Some semblance of normalcy I hope returns this weekend onwards. Normal is leaving office at around official closing time. Come to think of it, that's abnormal. I gotta stop having a love affair with my work. Strange thing is, my work currently isn't that exciting. Wonder what will happen to this self-confessed workaholic if he gets an exciting, interesting job.

Oh I did get to speak to the big boss, and explained to him my confusion as to my role. He said he'll take that into account in the new structure. I'm still not sure what exactly I want to do there, if I stay. With the impending new structure, I've been approached by potential superiors asking me if I would like to take on certain things if it materialises. So far I've been non-comittal as I'm not sure what's gonna happen in the next few months. In the new structure, I hope I won't get a prick for a boss. My transfer application is still hanging in the air, no decision has been made. Hope they do it real quick, it is no fun being in a limbo. And of course there's potential post-grad opportunities coming along, I hope. But I do know my top choice. I want to do post-grad more than anything else. I'm young and it's best that I do it real soon.

Which means, top priority is to firm up my applications which I haven't started working on. And do real well for GMAT on the 22nd December.

The 11 months hard closing is over, for now. But the auditors are in already. They seem ok but I haven't really been bugged by them. I don't mind really, it's a learning experience to see how other people think and view certain things. For someone with poor accounting skills like myself, it's an eye-opener.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home