Saturday, April 30, 2005

Hearts

"The less you open your heart for others, the more your heart suffers" - Deepak Chopra

"My heart is a traitor," the boy said to the alchemist, when they paused to rest the horses."It doesn't want me to go on."

"That makes sense," the alchemist answered. "Naturally it's afraid that, in pursuing your dream, you might lose everything you've won."

"Well then, why should I listen to my heart?"

"Because you will never be able to keep it quiet. Even if you pretend not to have heard what it tells you, it will always be there inside you, repeating to you what you're thinking about life and about the world."

"You mean I should listen , even if it's treasonous?"

"Treason is a blow that comes unexpectedly. If you know your heart well, it will never be able to do that to you. Because you'll know its dreams and wishes, and will know how to deal with them."

"You will never be able to escape from your heart. So it's better to listen to what it has to say. That way, you'll never fear an unanticipated blow."


- The Alchemist, Paulo Coelho

Maybe that's the nagiing doubt I have, a voice from the heart? Or is it just plain irrational cautious me? Maybe I'm not so much in tune with myself as I should be.

I've listened more often then not, and in some of the most trying times I gathered my strength from within. Can one not direct the heart?

Do you listen to your heart?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home