Monday, November 01, 2004

Rainy Nights

I love rainy days only when I'm safely at home. I got caught in the thunderstorm and my shoes were drenched. And my feet has brown markings courtesy of the dye from the shoes.

Anyway, it is still raining cats and dogs. And I just finished some work for the office. Yeah, I work even when on holiday. That's a part of me that refuses to go away. But it is simple and mindless work anyway :P so it is quite alright. Tomorrow hell shall be unleashed upon me at work, will be working at breakneck speed trying to get things out fast. Faster than usual I hope as I do not wish to stay on late too often with my exams looming ahead.

Funny how events that were so recent seem like the distant past. Ah but sometimes the past catches up with me. Just like how I was suddenly melancholic this evening after doing 5 Business Taxation questions (which is a little miracle :P, like I said I'm gaining momentum, at last). And when it grips and holds you, the past I mean, you began to wonder about all the 'what ifs'. And questions are asked. And answers reiterated. Or answers may change, a bit or totally different.

Memory gets distorted with time. I think looking at the past may result in rose-tinted viewpoints. The bad and ugly conveniently censored. But then again, the distortion can be that of seeing only the bad and ugly. So what's my viewpoint at the moment? Well, I think I am still quite clear (I hope) and not delusional about it. More questions arose though as to the interpretation of events. But sadly I can't ask the questions because I rather not set off another round of questions. More questions, more headaches.

Anyone wants to catch Alexander? Yum yum Angelina Jolie. I wish I was her brother :P

Gonna make myself a hot drink and go to bed. Yup it is early but I have a long month ahead.


2 Comments:

At November 03, 2004 1:23 am, Blogger iblogme said...

Ah, I dislike rainy days when I am out of home, too, and am at their mercy. (Reminds me of Rainy Days & Mondays by The Carpenters).

What-ifs. Best to only think about every now and then, and not to dwell in. :)

 
At November 03, 2004 10:22 pm, Blogger Resurrected said...

Hi JustMe and IBlogMe, thanks for dropping bye :)
Hope to see more of u here

IblogMe : I'll try not to dwell on it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home