Friday, February 18, 2005

Recollection 2 : I Doesn't Mean I Didn't Not Love

Fleeting glances. Sometimes in the library, a cheerful greeting. I tried to be nonchalant. But as I feared, we were drawn to each other.

We exchanged letters. Yes, even then it was rather strange as the internet revolution was already well on its way. But nothing beats that anticipation when the postman whizzed by. With greetings and news and expressions. Notes being passed via her hostel-mates as well. Oh yes, my friends were secretly excited for me. Such were the carefree-ness of teenagers. The handwriting wasn’t quite easy to read. And sometimes she used pencil, which made it even harder.

In some ways, we were too alike. Both being Capricorns didn’t help much. But we thrived, the conversations, written or verbal. Witty. Intelligent. Heartfelt. It was all wholesome. And it helped that someone genuinely cared and tried to understand.

I knew we were not meant to be. But that doesn’t mean I didn’t love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home