Monday, January 31, 2005

The Ladder Theory

This is what someone told me not too long ago, The Ladder Theory. Here's the summary :

Women have two ladders, Ladder One : Potentials & Ladder Two : Non-Potentials

Men have only one ladder, Ladder One : all women are potential

:P But I must beg to differ. I have no idea where this theory came from. Hmmm, I wonder if I’m consistently thrown into Ladder Two, that would explain a lot of things.

Apparently, in the same theory, most women look for power, wealth or potentially those things happening in the future. Hence, a chick magnet car can have its effect, that is till they discover it is not yours. There are some women who ( a smaller percentage) that go for looks and an even smaller percentage that value values/personality more than anything else. However, this theory also says most men are into looks. And compared to women, a very small percentage value values/personality.

This is really a depressing idea. What do you look for?

4 Comments:

At January 31, 2005 4:14 pm, Blogger Cayce said...

the way I see it, as a woman, while there might be the two ladders - I think for most practical women, the ladders are interchangeable. i.e. you might not be a potential right now, but perhaps if the zen is blowing your way, you might be one day.

anyway, not all women are into power and wealth.

gee - give me a guy who's intelligent, can hold his own in a conversation, doesn't need to be pampered like a baby (I am not your mother!!), has a great sense of humour, an attractive smile, is kind to others, loves the outdoors and wildlife, reads voraciously, has a job, not prejudiced (no thanks to racist jokes!), has an open mind - and I'm happy!

 
At February 01, 2005 8:45 pm, Blogger Saffron said...

Powerful and rich guys usually have egos to go with it, so ladder 1 is a no go. Combo only gets worse if they're handsome to boot, cos that means they're ego maut AND kaki pompuan.

I think I'll call that the Saffron's Snap Judgements About Males. :)

"What are you looking for?" is a good question. I don't know what I want, but at least I know what I don't want.

 
At February 02, 2005 7:24 am, Blogger Elizabeth said...

The ladder theory can be found here.... http://www.laddertheory.com/

Wow, this is such a coincidence, the other day my friend was just telling me about this theory.

 
At February 02, 2005 12:15 pm, Blogger Resurrected said...

BawangMerah : Don’t fret. The time will come J

Cayce : ‘not all’ but most? :P Some women are quite rigid about things like this. As for the qualities you mentioned, it’s not that difficult to find.

Saffron : that means you still have 2 ladders but the criteria is different, ie. You think rich and powerful don’t cut it for you. And yes, those are judgmental things you said :P I’m sure not all men are like that. Anyway, process of elimination is good, that’s what I used to do when setting up case strategies. Always useful anytime. So what are you eliminating? :P

Elizabeth : Thanks for the link. Will read it later. Yes, coincidences, because another friend was reading about it and at the same time she clicked on my blog and found me writing about it. Anyway, what's your take on this?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home