Sunday, January 30, 2005

Here We Go Again

Oh how I swing from optimism to despair in a span of less than a movement of the hourglass. The storm had subisded, and it came back. And will be back again next Tuesday. Damn, I have no time to breathe.

I spent the whole (almost) weekend working on something that could have been finished a lot earlier. But some people have different ideas of what's important and my plan gets thrown out of the window. It has been a great week really up to that point. One of the better weeks in recent years. Ah yes I have high standards, apparently. Some say I'm just a unsatisfied brooding male. :P Which is not a bad thing really, not being satisfied is a strong motivational factor. Just can't let it overshadow the good things in life. Like a choco-top sundae from McDonald's. And in any case, the expectations I have are for myself, not for anyone else, even loved ones.

Thoughts for the night, which has been nagging me lately : How does someone who supposed know very well, having spent years with you, get such skewed ideas of you? How does certain realities escape seemingly intelligent individuals? Why can't they see that a situation has two sides (at least two :P) to the coin? Ah and they choose not to have confidence, they choose not to trust the best in people, people that are supposed friends. How do you explain things to these people when you find it not worthy of a response? And yet it bugs you like hell. Because there is an issue of credibility here. Why can't people just discuss things sensibly? Why do people have such short memories, especially when they go around accusing people of things which they do themselves?

I will still hold my tongue no matter how annoyed I am. I still want to believe the best of you.

So I am closet idealist, sue me! Good night!

And oh must remember to watch Vanity Fair. Hmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home