Friday, May 06, 2005

A Conversation

Supergirl : ...wish that I don't have to work tomorrow, though.

Happy boy : ...you won't have to work if you hook up with a rich old man, and inherit his fortune. :P Or you could try me for potential.

Supergirl : Rich old man needs to look like Sean Connery for me to consider. You are a struggling student, not a rich person.

Happy boy : You don't stand a chance with old men like that. You do however stand a chance with struggling student who does not ask for much but intelligent, sincere females :P And struggling student will get rich and old and die.

Happy boy : Oh you materialsitic women. :P Broke my heart to pieces. Now I am gonna get ice cream.

Supergirl : He might consider someone who has youth and spirit and enthusiasm to affer :P As for struggling student, may consider when he is old AND rich. Ha ha ha.

Happy boy : Honey, men like that can get any youth they desire, no offence to you, but I don't see how you can compete in a superficial world like this. As for the student, he would embrace you with all the imperfection the world sees. Because he sees perfection in you. But ouch! Struggling student needs more ice cream, thanks to you. :P

Supergirl : Ha ha. You have a point. :P Ice cream gives temporary energy. Good for sleepy student.

Lessons of the world today :
1. If you don't have the looks, forget it.
2. If you don't have the money, dream on.

Cynical cynical.

I noticed something. Sometimes it doesn't pay to be a young man. There is this whole bad press going out there on how younger men are immature and insecure. Now, I'm not going to try to defend anyone but really, it can't be all true, can it? See how Supergirl breaks our Happy Boy down? Not a chance given. But what if Happy Boy is a truly charming soul with wit, intelligence and warmth and God forbid, maturity?

Ok, so I do have certain bias about age as well. I can't stand younger girls, sometimes. But I believe one can't gauge maturity using age as a barometer. I've met men, older men who I disrespect because of lack of maturity and finesse. And I've a;so met amazingly insightful and intelligent younger females.

On another note, Happy Boy is having mental images of Supergirl with short red skirt and red cape. Urgh! :P

So Supergirl, how about giving Happy Boy a break huh? :)

7 Comments:

At May 07, 2005 11:00 am, Blogger Elaine said...

why should girls look for more than money and looks (and perhaps maturity) in guys when all guys look for in girls are... I qoute you "On another note, Happy Boy is having mental images of Supergirl with short red skirt and red cape."

go figure.

the love you take is equal to the love you make.

can't expect a girl to love you for that inner boy in you when all you see are her breasts size, face and perhaps butt, and not the sincere girl that she may be, albiet she wears glasses and doesn't go with the latest trends ne.

 
At May 07, 2005 11:24 am, Blogger Resurrected said...

elaine : Thanks for dropping by. Please note that there is nothing wrong imho about seeking whatever criteria it may be. We may disagree of course about the validity or importance of the criteria set, but it is his/her choice. Anyhow, I was talking about age and badpress younger men has been getting, not sure how you came about talking about money and looks being acceptable criteria. Anyway, in response, by all means, go for maturity. Really, that's what I would look for too.

Anyway, it was a tongue in cheek post, and Happy Boy and Supergirl happen to be friends who exchange a lot of sarcasm, and genuine heartfelt conversations (via text and emails usually).

I hope the 'you' in your comments wasn't referring to poor old me :) If you were, I would take it as a momentary lapse of judgment and I trust that the personal attack is not intended to hurt.

And elaine, there are people who see beyond the superficial.

 
At May 07, 2005 5:19 pm, Blogger Disco Ball Pixie said...

I want to marry a rich man, too =)

 
At May 07, 2005 8:27 pm, Blogger iblogme said...

Perhaps Supergirl is a little shallow herself. Perhaps there is more to it than maturity and intelligence. I gather it is just mindless bantering. :D

Regardless, you should try to come up with more creative monikers. Ha ha.

 
At May 07, 2005 10:07 pm, Blogger Resurrected said...

shavain : i wanna hook up (not marry, but that's another issue for another blog entry) with a rich lady :P

iblogme : the banter was pure nonsense but entertaining :P But I doubt Supergirl is shallow, I have much confidence in her. :) But then again, would a girl resist good looks? :P

As for the monikers, no choice. Supergirl is attractive, an intelligent, hence Super :P
Happy Boy is just a happy little twit.

 
At May 08, 2005 2:53 am, Blogger Saffron said...

"...Would a girl resist good looks..."

Yes she would. Please refer to Saffron's theory on Good-looking Guys, and Good-looking Rich Guys. :D

 
At May 08, 2005 8:42 am, Blogger Resurrected said...

Saffron : Wow, for once I might just have a chance ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home