Sunday, June 26, 2005

On Another Note

I need to decide a firm career direction one year after now within the next 48 hours. It would serve to help me decide my next course of action. I can't hold them off much longer.

Sometimes, choices are especially hard when both choices are so good.

Someone help me please?

Prestigious named scholarship -think Kofi Annan, Koh Tsu Koon, international relations (partial though) in a medium grade university (top 100 in field of study, MBA and number one of it's area of expertise of International Management) in the USA. Arizona to be specific.

Or a top 100 school for MBA, higher ranked, and historically and currently of world class reputation. Self paying with own funds and a loan (awaiting approval), but may have grants as well to subsidise. It's in the UK.

Urgh. Choices, choices, choices.

6 Comments:

At June 27, 2005 3:01 am, Blogger priya said...

Wow, a scholarship!

Do the I-will-list-down-pros-and-cons-of-both-my-choices thing la. And umm...write really fast.

 
At June 27, 2005 10:06 am, Blogger Solbi-wan Kenobi said...

More questions to ask yourself:

What do you want to do afterwards?
What *can* you do afterwards, after each option?
Do the answers to the above tally?
Do you plan to teach?
Or is the career you're considering 'indifferent' to prestigious scholarship names?
Are you yourself indifferent to funding options available to you?

Good luck mate!

 
At June 29, 2005 1:24 am, Blogger Lim Tik Loon said...

I don't know what holds you back from choosing the first one. The choice is obvious to me. It sounds to me from your post that securing funds for the second option is not confirmed. Money talks a long way.

 
At June 29, 2005 2:28 pm, Blogger mystic said...

aiyoh fren, since u hv 2 choices go UKlah (if u can afford it). For me, I'll definitely only go back to US one....:) hehe

 
At June 30, 2005 11:57 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel it depends on what your life dream is. Is it practical - what doors will this degree open for you. Or is it idealistic - you've always wanted to study in a world renowned varsity or receive a reputable scholarship and this is an end in itself.

If it's the former, I'd think you should go for the scholarship since you don't want to end up in debt after graduation. But if it's the latter, then just go for it regardless of whether it involves debt.

All the best!

 
At July 04, 2005 1:43 pm, Blogger Resurrected said...

Thanks for all the comments. Useful :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home